City House would like to encourage everyone to watch a very cool taped video of a live streamed event that took place on Wednesday, October 22. It is called Ending Youth Homelessness: A Call to Action, featuring special guest Cyndi Lauper. The event was held to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act while looking ahead to the goal of ending youth homelessness by 2020.
City House is part of the Family and Youth Services Bureau national network and our programs are based on proven service delivery strategies. We use evidence-based practices derived from the best available research, professional expertise, and input from youth, families and a network of agencies across the country all linked into this national program. City House gets invaluable support from all three grants listed in the timeline of the Runaway Youth Act.
Please check out the recorded streamed event to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act.
Featuring special guest Cyndi Lauper
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
11am – Noon Central time — Click here to watch the taped event from Oct. 22.
The Family & Youth Services Bureau commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Act while looking ahead to ending youth homelessness by 2020. Speakers included:
- Cyndi Lauper, Co-Founder and Board Member, True Colors Fund
- Mark Greenberg, Acting Assistant Secretary, Administration for Children & Families
- Debbie Powell, Deputy Associate Commissioner, Family & Youth Services Bureau
- Three inspiring young people who have found stability after experiencing homelessness
- Laura Green Zeilinger, Executive Director, United States Interagency Council on Homelessness
Go to FYSB’s End Youth Homelessness website to watch a tape of the event.