On the heels of our City House staff attending a QPR (Question.Persuade.Refer) training this week on 3 basic steps to take when talking to someone with thoughts of suicide, our Programs Director, Jennifer Lajoie shared her thoughts on the Netflix Original Series “13 Reasons Why.”
The series gives an in-depth, at time extremely graphic look at the 13 Reasons “Why” a high school student took her own life. For Jennifer, it sparked the question, “do our clients at City House House know about this?” She than took the opportunity to have an honest conversation with our youth and young adults about suicide, and she made it important that our youth and young adults lead the conversation and hear first-hand what they are saying about the subject.
Geeze, remember when the three mandatory conversations were the birds and the bees, warning your kids to not talk to strangers or take drugs?
- ‘A blessing from God’: Streetside Showers brings a splash of hope to Collin County’s homeless
- Teen Homeless Increases in Collin County
- Child Trafficking. Right Here. Right Now!
- Teen Suicide. Tough Subject Matter.
- City House Annual Gala
- Bright Lights, Shining Stars Gala – Coming this Sept. 10!
- Collin Classic Bike Rally – June 11
- City House Success Story: Goddi
- Frisco Middle Schools Raise More Than $32k For City House
- Bowling for Dollars